I love a good fridge clean out. It always produces some of my favourite meals. Opening the refrigerator door, scanning shelves and drawers for ingredients that will make up your meal.
Have you ever wondered why we're told to eat this, drink that, no fat, eat fat, no carbs, eat the right carbs. Why? Seriously, I'm asking because I'm more confused now than ever before. I can’t keep up!
AVOCADO, often mistaken for a vegetable, this pear-shaped fruit with a hard dark green exterior, a single large seed in the centre and a soft creamy pale green pulp has been around for centuries. Consumed and known for their health benefits
Easter weekend’s got you like “ugh, can’t eat another bite”….over indulged a bit too much on chocolate? It’s okay, bring this for lunch tomorrow. You’ll thank me later 😊👍
Chicken Avocado Wraps
Ready in: 20 minutes
- 1 cup shredded cooked rotisserie chicken or pre cooked chicken breast cut into small cubes
- 1 ½ avocados, hollowed and cut into small pieces
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, finely chopped and divided
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon crushed garlic
- 12-15 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 4 ounces Gruyere cheese
- Juice from half a lemon
- 4 whole grain wraps
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Place 1 ounce of Gruyere cheese onto each whole grain wrap.
- In a small bowl, combine Greek yogurt garlic and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, combine avocado, tomatoes, lemon juice, and half of the Parsley. Set aside. In a skillet, brown the cooked chicken with the olive oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes. While cooking, sprinkle with the remaining half of the parsley.
- Remove from heat and add ¼ of the chicken to each pita.
- Top the chicken with a drizzle of the yogurt mixture followed by a large spoonful of the avocado mixture.
- Wrap, roll and serve.