When plain ol' oatmeal just isn't enough and you're craving a sweet treat without all the added sugar. Reach for your tablet and pull up this recipe for my Caramelized Banana Oatmeal. This heart healthy breakfast is light and satisfying, quick and easy, delicious with a touch of sweetness. This oatmeal is what I would describe as "a delicious bowl of goodness." It's under 400 calories and will take you about 15 minutes to make.
- 1/3 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 banana, sliced in half lengthwise. Smash 1/2 and leave 1/2 untouched
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Add coconut oil to a skillet over medium heat.
- Place 1/2 the banana (sliced lengthwise) in the heated skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Remove pan from heat and set aside.
- Allow to cool and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- In a small pot add oats, almond milk, water, and the smashed 1/2 banana and cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes (or until thickened up)
- Pour oatmeal into a bowl. Top with cashew butter, greek yogurt, caramelized banana and ENJOY!