I can give you a list of buzz words to describe this quick and easy meal but I won't. Even though it's made in one pan (less mess), can be made ahead and heated for a fresh tasting meal in minutes, or that it's a lighter version of the family style traditional roast chicken, I'll refrain.....(see what I did there)
TIP: Double the spice mix recipe below, and store in an air tight container. Next time you're making shrimp, halibut or salmon sprinkle some of this Cajun seasoning on and bake. The flavours will transform some of the simplest dishes like corn on the cob into a sweet and spicy trip to a warm coastal island retreat. Not a carnivore? Fish not your thing? Go ahead and sprinkle some of this seasoning on a fresh Portobello mushroom and grill.
Follow the recipes bellow and get ready to enjoy this quick and easy Sheet Pan Chicken and Sweet Potatoes dinner in 40 minutes.
Buon Appetito Warriors! xo's
SHEET PAN CHICKEN AND
PREP TIME: 15-20 mins
COOK TIME: 40 mins
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour
AUTHOR: Mary Mammoliti | Kitchen Confession
- 8 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, diced into 1-inch pieces
- 4 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, diced into 1-inch pieces
- 3 medium shallots, diced
- 2 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 - 1 tsp cayenne pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Whisk all cajun seasoning ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place chicken thighs skin side down on a large rimmed baking sheet and drizzle and rub 1 Tbsp of the olive oil evenly over thighs. Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp cajun seasoning. Rotate to opposite side, drizzle and rub tops with another 1 Tbsp olive oil. Season with 1/2 Tbsp cajun seasoning to taste.
- In a medium bowl toss diced potatoes with 2 Tbsp olive oil and sprinkle 2 tsp Cajun seasoning and toss to combine. Transfer potatoes to baking sheet placing them around chicken thighs.
- Roast in preheated oven 30 minutes. Remove from oven, add red bell pepper and shallots to potatoes and toss, then return to the oven and roast about 10 minutes longer until chicken is golden and cooked through and potatoes are tender.
- Serve warm and enjoy.