Hi guys! I’ve got a CORNfession to make. I love Corn just as much as I love a good pun.
There’s something about the sweet taste of those golden little kernels that give me the warm and fuzzies. Take a little roasted corn, invite a few veggie friends, add lime juice and you’ve got yourself one helluva party in your mouth.
Move over simple romaine salad there’s a new kid in town…….
Roasted Corn & Edamame Salad
PREP TIME: 15 mins
COOK TIME: 30 mins
TOTAL TIME: 45 mins
AUTHOR: Mary Mammoliti | Kitchen Confession
* 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
* 2 avocados, peeled and cubed
* 4 ears roasted corn on the cob, remove kernels from the cob (click here for oven roasted corn on the cob recipe)
* ¼ cup parsley, rough chopped
* 1½ cups frozen edamame, cook according to package directions.
* 1 lime
* 2 limes , juiced
* ¼ cup olive oil
* 3 tablespoons honey
* 2 cloves garlic, crushed
* ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
* salt and pepper, to taste
1. Add cherry tomato halves, cubed avocados, and chopped parsley to large bowl. Squeeze juice of one lime over veggies. This prevents avocado from browning. Set aside.
2. Cook edamame according to package directions. Drain and let cool. Set aside.
3. Using a serrated knife cut roasted kernels from cob and set aside.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, oil, honey, garlic, salt, pepper, and cayenne
5. Add corn and edamame to the tomatoes, avocados, and parsley. Pour the dressing overtop and mix gently.
6. You can eat this right away or refrigerate it and eat it later.