It’s Monday! ….. wait, is the ! too much? Well, I’m excited because I’ve got the perfect no fuss, ready in 30 minute meal “DECONSTRUCTED CABBAGE ROLLS” AAAAAND you’ll have plenty for lunch the next day!! So this recipe makes it a !!! type of day …. Right? 😊👍
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ - 1 head cabbage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5-oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce (I use home made tomato sauce, you can use a low sodium, no sugar added brand)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pan, brown ground beef. Add onion and continue cooking until translucent. Drain extra fat in the pan. Return ground beef to the pan, add garlic and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Add olive oil, cabbage, tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt and pepper to the meat mixture and stir to combine.
- Cover and simmer about 20 - 30 minutes until the cabbage is soft.
- Serve and enjoy!