Mediterranean Pasta Salad because ...... why not? This dish had me at Pasta. I'm that girl who is the first one seated at the table directly in front of any pasta dish ready to devour it. This fresh colourful salad can be eaten cold or warm, for lunch or dinner. Add it to your weekly meal prep list and enjoy throughout the week.
Ok, gotta go! I can't type fast enough with one hand and I'm not putting down my fork ...... a girl's gotta eat!
MEDITERRANEAN PASTA SALAD
PREP TIME: 15 mins
COOK TIME: 10 mins
TOTAL TIME: 25 mins
AUTHOR: Mary Mammoliti | Kitchen Confession
- 12 ounces dry farfalle pasta
- 1 english cucumber, cut in half and sliced
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- half of a medium red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Cook the pasta al dente in a large stockpot of salted water according to package instructions. Drain pasta, then rinse under cold water until it's no longer hot and transfer to a medium bowl.
- Add chopped cucumber, halved tomatoes, crumbled feta cheese, and thinly sliced red onion to the mixing bowl, then drizzle all of the vinaigrette evenly on top. Toss until all of the ingredients are evenly coated with the dressing.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container in the fridge for the week.
Optional: Garnish with extra feta if desired.
TO MAKE THE LEMON VINAIGRETTE:
- Whisk all ingredients together until combined.