Rain, rain go away come again another day. Yes, I'm well aware that April showers bring May flowers but grey days are usually non eventful and dare I say boring? Perhaps I should slip on my rain boots, leave the umbrella at home, and channel Gene Kelly as I step out the door, splash around in puddles and start Singing In the Rain. Now that sounds like a great idea!
Getting my boots.......
This will be fun!.......
Wow, it's really raining out there........
Umm, was that thunder?............
On second thought, maybe I should wait for the rain to slow down, or maybe just wait for it to stop completely. That's it, I'll wait for the rain to stop then go out and jump in puddles. Wait! Come to think of it, my neighbours may not appreciate musicals, and truth be told I'm a bit of a germ phoebe. The whole rain water, puddles, and splashing thing is a bit much. What if the dirty puddle water splashes up and lands on my lip? Or even worse in my mouth! Oh HELL NAH! This is a terrible idea! I'll just stay indoors and live vicariously through Gene Kelly while I watch Singing In The Rain on YouTube. Stay warm and dry my friends. -- xo's Mary
Adding my own little ray of sunshine with this Golden Milk Turmeric Latte.
Golden Milk (Turmeric Latte)
PREP TIME: 2 mins
COOK TIME: 3-5 mins
TOTAL TIME: 5-7 mins
SERVES: 1 cup
AUTHOR: Mary Mammoliti | Kitchen Confession
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch of black pepper
- (optional: 1/8 tsp of ground cloves, cardamom, and/or nutmeg)
- Heat almond milk in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until it begins simmering (do not bring to a boil).
- Add in all the remaining ingredients, and whisk until everything is combined, and spices are completely dissolved.
- You can serve immediately ORlet the milk cool to room temperature, then refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 3 days. You can either reheat it then, or serve it chilled over ice. CHEERS!
"Hold on to whatever keeps you warm inside" - Unknown