#WhatsForDinner ? I’ve got Stew for YOU! With cooler temperatures outside, comes comfort food and this is probably one of the tastiest Slow Cooker Beef Stew recipes around. Not because it’s one of my own but because we didn’t utter a word while eating for fear of disrupting the momentum of shoveling this delicious goodness into our mouths. You would have heard a lot of mmm….mmm….mmmm! (Licks spoon) 😊 if I had included audio with this pic. So here it is. Give it a try.
Slow Cooker Hearty Beef Stew
What You’ll Need
2-3 pounds Beef roast, Cut into chunks
¼ cup flour
3 tablespoons Olive oil
2 cups Low sodium beef broth
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped fine
4 tablespoons tomato paste
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
¼ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon dried thyme
1-2 bay leaves
4 carrots, chopped
4 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 cup frozen peas
1. In a Ziploc bag add the flour and the meat chunks. Seal bag and toss the meat to coat with flo.ur.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet.
3. Brown meat on all sides and add to slow cooker.
4. In the same skillet add 1 tablespoon olive oil, onions, and garlic. Cook until slightly browned about 6 minutes. Add tomato paste and cook, stirring frequently until paste begins to darken, about 2 minutes.
5. Slowly stir in broth, soy sauce, and bay leaves, bring to a boil. Transfer to slow cooker.
6. Add carrots, potatoes, celery,frozen peas, salt, black pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, and thyme. To the slow cooker.
7. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. When done, stir and serve.