Quinoa and lentil over a bed of kale and radicchio. What are you eating? (Suggested portion, ½ cup quinoa mixture)
Quinoa Lentil & Sweet Potato Salad
Ingredients (Serves: 3-4)
1 cup quinoa, rinsed and cooked
1 cup of dry red lentils
2 cups of water
1 sweet potato
3 cups spinach, chopped
3 T balsamic
1 T maple syrup
½ tsp thyme
½ tsp dijon mustard
salt and pepper, to taste
¼ cup goat cheese
1. Soak lentils in water for at least 30 mins. *Skip this step and steps 5-7 if using canned lentils.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
3. Chop up sweet potato into bite-sized pieces. Spray or drizzle lightly with olive oil.
4. Bake for 30-35 mins.
5. Rinse lentils and then add to a medium-sized pot and cover with water.
6. Bring lentils to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce heat to medium-low and cook uncovered for 20 mins.
7. Lentils are done when all of the water has been absorbed.
8. Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil and the spinach to lentils and cook over low heat until spinach has wilted.
9. Stir in cooked quinoa, sweet potatoes, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, thyme, dijon mustard and salt and pepper.
10. Let cool slightly before adding goat cheese (unless you want it melted in).
11. Keeps in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
#igfood #recipe #health #fabfreshfood #foodie #food #delicious #nutrition #love #cooking #follow #Toronto #igpic #instadaily #cleaneating #beautiful #healthyrecipes #instagood #me #potd #bestoftheday #instafit #healthliving #healthyfood #healthyeating