We’ve all heard about antioxidants and how beneficial they are to our health but what are antioxidants? Antioxidants can neutralize the process of oxidation and cellular damage which contributes to aging and disease. Blueberries and spinach are both antioxidant-rich foods so start your day with this smoothie and be on your way to a healthy, energy packed day.
Blueberry Spinach Smoothie
- 1 ½ cups frozen blueberries
- ½ frozen banana
- 1 cup raw spinach
- 1 scoop whey isolate protein powder
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed oil
- ½ cup ice cubes (optional)
Place all ingredients in the blender. Liquefy, pour in a cup and enjoy!