For me, roasted corn on the cob has always been outdoors on the BBQ. Sadly, (insert violin music here) outdoor grilling is not always an option for me and that’s when I get creative. This came about one evening while preparing dinner, and as usual I was pressed for time. In need of a side dish this corn seemed to be the perfect fit. It takes minutes to prepare and while the corn was roasting I prepared a few ounces of pan seared salmon.
Here’s your quick and easy guide to Oven Roasted Corn on the Cob.
Oven-Roasted Corn on the Cob
PREP TIME: 5 mins
COOK TIME: 30 mins
TOTAL TIME: 35 mins
AUTHOR: Mary Mammoliti | Kitchen Confession
* 8 corn on the cob, husk and silk removed
* 6 Tbsp softened unsalted butter
* ¼ tsp salt
* ¼ tsp black freshly ground black pepper
* Aluminum foil
1. Preheat your oven to 350˚F
2. Remove the husks and silk from the corn and rinse with water. Pat them dry.
3. Slather the corn on all sides with the butter, sprinkle salt and pepper.
4. Wrap each corn on the cob individually in foil.
5. Place the wrapped corn on a baking sheet and on the middle rack in the oven.
6. Bake for 30 minutes, until tender.
7. Remove foil and serve.
Mexican-Style: Chili powder, grated cheese of your choice, cilantro, lime juice, and a touch of butter
Smoked Lime: Lime, butter, and smoked paprika
The Italian: Basil pesto, freshly grated Parmesan cheese