I’m a huge believer that we really shouldn't eat ingredients we can’t pronounce……EXCEPT QUINOA. You should definitely eat quinoa. This little protein packed grain makes for a delicious snack, side dish or meal.
I’m not going to list all the health the benefits of this salad because lets be real, it’s vegetables and quinoa, that screams health and nutrition. Instead lets begin prepping the ingredients for this salad and enjoy consuming all the nutrients instead of talking about it. Agreed?
Quinoa Roasted Veggie Salad
PREP TIME: 5 mins
COOK TIME: 30 mins
TOTAL TIME: 35 mins
AUTHOR: Mary Mammoliti | Kitchen Confession
2 cups uncooked quinoa
2 cups vegetable broth
1 red pepper, chopped (larger pieces)
1 yellow pepper, chopped (larger pieces)
1 orange pepper, chopped (larger pieces)
½ red onion, chopped
4 celery stalks, chopped
2 zucchini, quartered and cubed
1 medium eggplant, 1 inch cubes
2 cloves garlic, crushed
4 teaspoons olive oil
½ cup pitted sliced black olives, chopped
½ cup raisins,
1/3 cup pine nuts (you can roast then if you like but raw are just as delicious in this salad)
¼ cup fresh lemon juice (juice of one lemon)
⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons honey (a bit more if you prefer it on the sweeter side)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Toss onion, peppers, eggplant, zucchini, celery and garlic with 4 teaspoons olive oil, and roast on large parchment lined baking sheet for about 30-45 minutes until browned. Turn once or twice during roasting.
- Bring water to a boil add quinoa, reduce heat to simmer and cook 10-14 minutes or until liquid has evaporated.
- While vegetables are roasting add all dressing ingredients into a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Chop olives and set aside
- In a large bowl add roasted vegetables, cooked quinoa and dressing; toss until combined. Let cool slightly.
- Add chopped olives, raisins, pine nuts and lightly toss. Add additional salt and pepper to taste if needed.
- Serve right away at room temperature, or cover, refrigerate and serve cold.