What are Positive Affirmations?
With January coming to a close we all begin to scroll through our list of Healthy Living Goals we set for 2017. Through discussions I've found a lack of Daily Affirmations, Mindfulness and Meditation from everyone's "New Year, New You" manifesto.
All three of which I found to play an integral part on my journey to Mary 2.0. When my eyesight deteriorated I began to swan dive into a pool of negativity. It was impossible for me to muster up a positive thought. Every muscle in my body was clenched and drenched in fear over run by sever anxiety I felt every time I walked, read, cooked. With the overwhelming realization of how much of my sight I've lost, fear of everyday life has set in.
I was watching a program on TV and I can't for the life of me remember the program that changed my life. They were discussing Affirmations and Mindfulness. At the time I wasn't 100% focused on the conversation until the buzz words appeared. "Can help with ANXIETY" and "a way to change your sub-conscious negative thoughts into POSSITIVE CONCIOUS THOUGHTS." NOW you've got my attention! and so, my love affair with Affirmations began.
What are Positive Affirmations? They are short positive statements that you repeat to yourself which describe how you want to feel. By thinking them or repeating them you can transform your thoughts into becoming your reality. The positive words we repeat, involuntarily bring upon that image in our mind and that image in turn can get your creative juices flowing, inspire and motivate you.
Why should we use Positive Affirmations? "Because I said so" isn't going to work ..... is it? Alright, here are the WHY'S. When you repeat a positive thought, that thought through repetition will overpower the negative thought in your subconscious mind therefore eventually becoming true. Over time these positive affirmations will replace any negative thoughts you may have about yourself and replace them with everything that is good, positive and true about you.
If you still need convincing, give it a go with a few affirmations I've included below. If you're shy, rest assured no one will know you are doing this. They may just find themselves suddenly drawn to you. When you think positive thoughts, you ooze positive energy and that my friends will attract positive people in your life.
I've searched the Web for a few Positive Affirmations.
- I am confident
- I am confident all the time
- I am self-reliant, creative and persistent in whatever I do.
- I am energetic and enthusiastic. Confidence is my second nature.
- I always see only the good in others. I attract only positive people
- I always attract only the best of circumstances and the best positive people in my life.
- I am a problem solver. I focus on solutions and always find the best solution.
- I love change and easily adjust myself to new situations.
- I am positive and optimistic. I believe things will always work out for the best.
- I am calm and peaceful.
- As I challenge my fears, I am strengthened & empowered.
- Everything in my life is safe and secure.
- As I challenge my fears, I release my need to dwell on them.
- I accept and love my fear, and then I let it go.
- I accept that fear is just a feeling which will subside as I move forward.
My personal list of Quick and Easy Affirmations
- I am happy
- I am smiling
- I am strong
- I am healthy
- I am filled with energy
- I am unstoppable
- I am forgiving
- I am creative
- I am fearless
- I am confident
I've given you the tools to begin your journey to a happier healthier you. Now give it a try, you have nothing to lose and so much to gain form this.