Soft Lemon Ricotta Cookies
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes + cooling time
SERVES: 44 cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 15 ounces Ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 lemon, zested
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter, sugar and eggs on medium speed.
- Add Ricotta cheese and mix until smooth. Add lemon juice and lemon zest and blend.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour with baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients on low speed until a dough is formed.
- Drop the dough by level tablespoons onto a baking sheet. Bake for 12 - 15 minutes. Cookies will just be starting to get golden around the bottom edges.
- Remove from baking sheet and place on a cooling rack with parchment paper underneath.
- Spoon glaze onto cookies and allow it to fully set before storing.
- Whisk together powdered sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest, mix in a small bowl until smooth.