Slip this recipe into your Christmas breakfast menu this year. I promise you will not be disappointed. GREEK YOGURT CHOCOLATE MOUSSE! Ohhhh yes, you read that right, GREEK YOGURT CHOCOLATE MOUSSE!
I suddenly feel an “Oprah Moment” coming on “YOU GET CHOCOLATE MOUSSE, AND YOU GET CHOCOLATE MOUSSE, EVERYONE GETS TO EAT CHOCOLATE MOUSSE!!!”
Well, you’ll have this cup of chocolate heaven right after you follow the recipe below. Let me know what you think in the comments. I love reading your feedback.
Greek Yogurt Chocolate Mousse
PREP TIME: 5 Minutes
COOK TIME: 2 Hours
AUTHOR: Mary Mammoliti / Kitchen Confession / kitchenconfession.com
- 3/4 cup milk (2%, full fat, or almond milk)
- 3 1/2 oz chocolate or 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet but you can use dark chocolate)
- 2 cups plain greek yogurt (or vanilla greek yogurt)
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (or orange extract)
- Topping Options: Granola, Chocolate chips, orange zest, coconut
- Pour the milk into a saucepan and add the chocolate, if using squares you want to grate, finely chop or shave the chocolate into the milk. Gently heat the milk until the chocolate melts, being careful not to let it boil. Once the chocolate and milk have fully combined, add the honey or maple syrup, vanilla extract and mix well.
- Remove the milk from heat and let it rest for 3-5 minutes
- Spoon the greek yogurt into a large bowl and pour the chocolate mixture on top. Mix together well before transferring to individual bowls, ramekins or glasses.
- Chill in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Before serving top with some granola and a few chocolate chips.
- The chocolate mousse will keep in the fridge for 2 days.